Please review employment opportunities at the following health care centers:
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Tufts Medical Center
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth
Title : Certified Wound Care Nurse-per diem
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth remains a private, not-for-profit hospital. We proudly serve the communities of Bourne, Carver, Duxbury, Halifax, Kingston, Lakeville, Pembroke, Plympton, Plymouth, Marshfield, Middleboro, Sandwich and Wareham, as well as numerous visitors to our historic area.
Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Center
Our expert team of nationally certified wound care providers, nurses, highly skilled technicians and support staff are very proud of their successful wound care program. By taking a team approach that addresses not only the wound itself but the education and support necessary to treat the underlying disease process, our patients can be assured that they are receiving the highest level of care possible .
In a recent comparison through WoundExpert®, the largest independent source of comprehensive chronic wound data available in the U.S. healthcare market, BID-Plymouth exceeded the national average of days to heal:
BID-Plymouth Days to Heal National Average Days to Heal
Diabetic Ulcers 32 86
Venous Ulcers 42 69
Pressure Ulcers 29 69
Surgical Wounds 38 67
Arterial Ulcers 10 70
- Delivers expert, evidence-based wound and skin care to patients and families.
- Participates with other members of the team work in synchronization to maintain patient flow and provide quality care.
- Arranges/coordinates for facility-based or home care.
- Assesses the patient every clinic visit and documents any change in status in the EMR
- Ensures that appropriate labs and tests are considered consistent with the appropriate clinical pathway.
- Actively participates in biweekly quality meetings reviewing outcomes and presenting patients for discussion.
- Works collaboratively and functions as an effective member of the health care team.
- Reviews the HBO record on a regular basis and updates the plan of care.
- Completes the facility super bill for each patient encounter.
- Ensures patients and care givers receive education about their condition, therapies, and dressings.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Graduate – Accredited School of Nursing
- Evidence of continuing education.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the basic nursing process.
- Experience in wound care or hyperbaric medicine.
- Current RN License, Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Wound Care Certification required and Hyperbaric Certification strongly preferred.
This job requires frequent bending, carrying, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing, stooping, walking and lifting over 10 lbs. There will be occasional need for climbing stairs, lifting in excess of 50 – 100 lbs and sitting. Constant use of hearing, sight and speech. Frequent use of smell and touch. Frequent keyboard and telephone use. Constant concentration and problem solving.
Please apply online at the BID-Plymouth Website HERE
or email email@example.com
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
COMPANY: Brigham and Women’s Hospital. There’s no better place to be.
TITLE: NURSE PRACTITIONER/ TEAM MANAGER/ OSTOMY/ 40 HRS-DAYS/ BWH main campus
Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an international leader in health care delivery and has been the site of pioneering breakthroughs that have improved lives around the world. A 793-bed teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School in Boston, it is internationally renowned for excellence in patient care, groundbreaking biomedical research, and training the next generation of leading physicians and scientists. BWH has been recognized for over 20 years by US News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals and provides care to patients from throughout the U.S. and from over 120 other countries in virtually every area of adult medicine.
CAREERS AT BWH:
Just as we have been able to reinvent health care, we have also transformed health care careers. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, awards earned, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents – a career with BWH is unlike any other in the health care field. Here you’ll find a workplace where collaboration and teamwork are the norm, not the exception – physicians, nurses, technicians, staff and management form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients. If you want an enormously fulfilling career, there’s no better place to be.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The APRN Team Manager (APRN –TM) functions as a clinical leader and clinical team member delivering care to a panel of patients for whom s/he has responsibility for the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of care related outcomes. As a clinical leader the APRN-TM is responsible for the management and oversight for the clinical practice of the inter-professional team (team) which may include nurses, medical assistants, and others who are integral to the care of patients at the site. Works in partnership with the patient care team and other practice leaders to ensure effective delivery of care and actively supports the achievement of patient, departmental and organizational goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the leadership team, develops, leads and manages the clinical practice, quality and safety of patient care of an interdisciplinary team which may include registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, medical assistants and others who are essential to the care delivery model.
- Responsible for coordinating care and meeting patient care needs in conjunction with a variety of providers including; licensed independent providers acting in consultation, population managers, care managers, and others.
- Participates in the hiring, supervision and performance evaluation for team members
- Identifies opportunities for and initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve team and patient goals.
- Utilizes available resources and methodologies to advance practice within the department and beyond, with the aim of improving the care of all patients, particularly those most at risk for adverse outcomes.
- In keeping with the mission of an academic medical center, seeks opportunities to disseminate clinical knowledge and nursing practice development through publication in scholarly journals and participation in professional meetings.
- Leads and/or participates in departmental, hospital and/or system-level committees and task forces as a representative of the department, practice and the Department of Nursing as requested.
- Accountable for collaborating with the other members of the team, appreciating and valuing their contributions, and encouraging all to “work at the top of his/her license/role, education and training” for effective care and service to patients in the context of efficient use of resources.
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with other nurses, clinical departments, and interdisciplinary colleagues.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Patient Care Organization
- Performs in the role of direct care provider and is responsible to work both independently and in collaboration with other providers to maintain a panel of patients.
- Provides direct care, counseling, and teaching to patients.
- Performs physical examinations and provides preventive health measures appropriate to patient needs.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate lab and diagnostic tests to assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Arranges for appropriate plan of care and follow-up based on outcome of diagnostic, lab, and physical assessment findings. Seeks consultation as appropriate.
- Orders medications and writes prescriptions according to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Records pertinent patient care findings in the electronic medical record.
- Sets priorities for appropriate and efficient management of patient care that reflects evidence based practice and cost effective management of time, available human resources, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains an interdisciplinary approach to planning and communicating patient care information by discussing patient data with appropriate providers, the clinical team and other health care professionals.
- Incorporates the concepts of health maintenance, prevention, and promotion into daily practice through patient education and counseling. Assists patients and families in self-care management through the provision of information, tools and resources.
- Demonstrates awareness of community and hospital resources and assists staff, patients, and families to effectively utilize them.
- Quality Monitoring
- Engages in regular performance improvement activities. Uses performance and patient outcome data for continuous quality improvement. Contributes to developing structure, processes and systems to improve the care and disease management of patients.
- Collaborates with physicians, physician assistants and the interdisciplinary team to refine team goals and objectives and further ensures ongoing continuous improvements to the care delivery model.
- Analyzes, interprets and presents team based care results to various audiences as appropriate including senior organizational leaders, departmental and practice leaders, nursing leadership, colleagues, and staff.
- Translates themes uncovered through ongoing quality monitoring and evaluation into the care model and the clinical practice of the interdisciplinary team.
Working in collaboration with the Division Chief and Administrator, the General and Gastrointestinal NP Team Manager (NPTM) is valued member of the practice leadership team. (NPTM) responsibilities include both leadership and clinical practice on an interdisciplinary care team for patients receiving ambulatory care through the Department of Surgery. The NPTM will have a key role in treating patients who have, or are about to undergo the formation of a stoma. The role requires significant interdisciplinary team work in acute and community settings.
Works in collaboration with the attending physicians to:
- Perform clinical assessment of patients’ ostomy needs in clinic and pre and post evaluation follow up, review of patient record and history, patient/caregiver education regarding appliance management and symptoms, telephone triage, patient education around the management of dysfunctional elimination issues, urinary tract infections and other related conditions.
- Ensure a seamless patient flow and positive patient experience through the outpatient clinic and across departments. Candidate will work in collaboration with the attending physicians, physician’s assistants, nurses, administrative assistants and other providers internal and external to the department.
- Provide extensive patient support for ongoing ostomy needs including equipment management, lifestyle education and teaching, and symptom management. Responds to clinical questions from patients and physicians in a timely manner; completes administrative tasks such as returning phone calls, updating clinic notes and completion of dictations in a timely manner; keep collaborating and referring physicians informed as appropriate.
- Effectively prioritize patient care needs; understand the full range of treatment options available to each patient and have the ability to discuss these with the patient and their family/ partner.
- Demonstrate empathy, knowledge and understanding of issues associated with:
- Altered body image
- Psycho sexual changes function/dysfunction
- Social and cultural considerations
- Changes in social relationships
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient’s nutritional requirements; assists the patient in tracking food and fluid intake.
- Clinical oversight of all General Surgical Specialties Nursing roles (1-1.5 RN)
- Assumes accountability for evaluation of clinical performance of Nurses under the delegation/direction of the nurse director
- Participates in the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff
- Serves as a mentor to surgery department staff in training, students, and house staff, educating others while continuing to learn and expand one’s own knowledge base.
- Behaves as a role model for fellow team members to emulate, and functions as an empathic practitioner.
- Trains clinical staff on appropriate stoma related triage and protocols, leading a team based care model
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by attending internal and external educational meetings, reads appropriate professional journals to maintain and enhance skills and competence.
- Update clinical guidelines related to the Ostomy specialty and notify appropriate clinicians
Operations Support/Administrative Responsibilities
- Supports ongoing quality initiatives and strives to learn new systems and technologies as they become available to improve patients care, documentation, and communication. Remains proficient with BWH computer systems as needed to independently perform daily tasks such as order entry, documentation of facility administered medications and incident/safety reporting.
- Works closely with the billing team to maintain thorough documentation for proper reimbursement and serves as a resource for the hospital in the future for nurse practitioner billing.
- Continues to provide the highest standard of patient care, while incorporating measures that improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness within the department and hospital.
- Collaborates with nursing and practice leadership in setting quality standards for nursing care and in the development of relevant systems, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze, synthesize and apply data to drive optimal care delivery outcomes.
- Oversight for TJC readiness and quality programs.
- Sets standard for ensuring high quality, cleanliness of all areas/aspects of practice location and ensures that standards are in compliance with regulations regarding clinical care facilities. Regularly monitors to ensure these standards are met and implements needed change to improve and /or meet these criteria
- MSN, ANA or ANCC Nurse Practitioner certification required.
- APRN license to practice in Massachusetts required.
- Current CWON or CWOCN certification required
- Recent clinical nursing experience working with a GI/Stoma focused patient population required.
- Management ability and experience shown either in direct management/ oversight or program management strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this position should possess excellent communication, computer and organizational skills and capability for professional autonomy.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Expert clinical knowledge, leadership and technical skills to achieve all aspects of the role.
Strong organizational skills with demonstrated managerial ability
Project management ability and skills.
Ability to manage meetings to encourage participation and achieve results
Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
Demonstrated effectiveness as a team leader, member and facilitator
Ability to manage time and resources effectively to meet program deadlines and objectives
Problem-solving ability, data management and analysis
Ability to perform in fast-paces office, clinical and patient home settings.
Demonstrates knowledge of evidence based practice and assures clinical practice within the program is evidence-based.
Must possess the ability to function clinically both as an autonomous provider and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a variety of clinical and administrative staff forming strong partnerships.
Ability to function at the highest level professionally and clinically, must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Please review and apply to this position # 3098017 by clicking on this link to the job on our careers page: HERE
Tufts Medical Center
Our Tufts Medical Wound Care Center is a multi-disciplinary specialty clinic that takes a holistic approach to treating the whole patient. Our RN’s partner with specialists from a variety of disciplines including Vascular Surgery, General Surgery, Infectious Disease, Plastics, Podiatry, Dermatology and others to provide customized care for our complex wound patients.
The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety. The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers.
The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence based practice and/or best practices. The professional registered nurse provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
Wound Care Certification required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required.
Current MA Registered Nurse license required.
BLS Certification required.
Interested candidates should apply through the Tufts Medical Center Career site: Here
GUIDELINES FOR POSTING
Members and colleagues of the New England Region WOCN may submit job postings related to wound, ostomy or continence nursing opportunities for posting to our website.
There is a $205 fee for posting a job for 2 months with a credit card or $200 for a check.
We only accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
Please forward requests via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Online to add your job posting by clicking on the button below:
Checks for $200 will be accepted by mailing to the Treasurer.